We are looking for an Assistant Accountant in our Finance Team who is committed and enthusiastic.
You will be responsible of the day-to-day transactional processing, accounting and reporting.
About the Role:
This position’s purpose is to be responsible for the day-to-day transactional processing, accounting and reporting to ensure that these tasks are performed to the highest standard in accordance with the relevant accounting regulations and our organisation policies and procedures.
Key areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
- Ensuring correct allocation of costs to GL and cost centre accounts
- Management of accounts receivable
- Management of NDIS billing, claims, reconciliations, and plan management
- Timely completion of monthly bank reconciliation
- Monthly journal posting, GL reconciliation, reporting and variance analysis
- Preparing monthly financial and management reporting
- Assist with EOFY audit preparation and government acquittal and compliance returns
- Exploring continuous improvement opportunities in the accounting system/processes
- Involvement in projects and ad hoc duties as required or as directed by the Head of Finance
Want to find out more? To read the position description click here.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Relevant qualification in Finance/Commerce/Accounting
- At least 1-2 years’ relevant hands-on experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify and analyse information
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines independently
- Intermediate to advance skill in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to participle in job rotation in the Finance Team
- Experience with MYOB and/or other financial systems
- Valid Employee Working with Children Check
- National Criminal History Check (obtained in the last 6 months) with no disclosable outcomes
- Evidence of a current COVID-19 vaccination Certificate
- NDIS Workers Screening clearance or willing to obtain
- Hybrid workplace
- Fantastic benefits incl. NFP salary packaging, EAP access + much more
- Supportive management and positive culture
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering older people, their families and carers, and the wider community
At CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains we are committed to making sure no one is left behind.
We have the people, the resources and the plans in place to make a real difference in the lives of people who find themselves facing difficult circumstances.
We are a team of people who are passionate about what we do and truly care about people – no matter where they come from, what they look like or how they see the world.
CatholicCare is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods and/or adjustments please contact email@example.com.
If successful, you will be required to provide a national police check, (obtained in the last 6 months,) and an Employee Working with Children’s with both having no disclosable outcomes and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia
How to Apply
If you are passionate about working with the community and want to experience a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
- Submit your application via email (Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and Resume). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , using the subject line: Assistant Accountant
- If you are shortlisted, you will take part in a 10-15-minute phone screen
- Be invited to come along to an interview where CatholicCare will determine your suitability for the role
- Your reference checks
- A verbal offer followed by necessary safety, employment and compliance screening
- Offer of employment and determine when you can start and join the team!
CatholicCare is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and vulnerable adults and that all children, young people and vulnerable adults have an equal right to protection from abuse. We will take every reasonable step to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.