Community Support Workers – Aged Care
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team at CatholicCare. Are you who we’re looking for?
- Join our vibrant team with supportive management and positive culture
- Based in Western Sydney
- Multiple positions – Permanent Part-time and casual roles available
- Fantastic benefits incl. NFP salary packaging, EAP access + much more
We are currently seeking Community Support Workers for our Aged Care Services in Western Sydney! This role is all about making a difference and enhancing the lives of our aged care clients and where applicable, their carers to remain independent in their own home and retaining positive connections with their local community.
CatholicCare has been fortunate in securing funding to grow and provide additional services in our community. This funding will assist us to be a strong and visible provider of care for Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains, in our mission to help our aged care clients to live with joy and purpose.
About the Role:
This role is all about making a difference and enhancing the lives of our aged care clients and where applicable, their carers to remain independent in their own home and retaining positive connections with their local community.
To do this, you will confidently support your clients with day-to-day living, such as personal care, mobility and meal preparation. You will also assist with the running, set-up and support for Centre-Based Respite.
You will actively look for opportunities that will help your client achieve their goals both at home and in the community.
And you will take the time to understand your client’s needs and goals to ensure your time together enhances their life.
Key to the success of this role is developing a professional and quality relationship with your client and their family.
Want to find out more? To read the position description click here.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A Certificate III or IV in Aged Care
- Experience working remotely with a high degree of autonomy and drive
- Current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- A current driver’s licence and own a registered and insured vehicle
- Evidence of a current COVID-19 vaccination Certificate
- Experience in the development of knowledge and implementation of the Aged Care Standards.
- Demonstrated experience Provide Personal Care and Domestic Assistance services for Clients in their homes.
- Other reasonable duties as requested by the Service Coordinator, Aged Care Service
- Valid Employee Working with Children Check.
- National Criminal History Check (obtained in the last 6 months) with no disclosable outcomes
- You are passionate about supporting others and energised by interacting and engaging with people
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine desire to support our clients to live their lives to the fullest.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people, their families and carers, and the wider community
At CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains we are committed to making sure no one is left behind.
We have the people, the resources, and the plans in place to make a real difference in the lives of people who find themselves facing difficult circumstances.
We are a team of people who are passionate about what we do and truly care about people – no matter where they come from, what they look like or how they see the world.
CatholicCare is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods and/or adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about working with the community and want to experience a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
- Submit your application via email (Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and Resume). Email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Community Support Worker.
- If you are shortlisted, you will take part in a 10-15-minute phone screen
- Be invited to come along to an interview where CatholicCare will determine your suitability for the role
- Your reference checks
- A verbal offer followed by necessary safety, employment and compliance screening
- Offer of employment and determine when you can start and join the team!
Please note our office will be closed from 24th December 2021 and will return on 15th January 2022.
CatholicCare is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and vulnerable adults and that all children, young people and vulnerable adults have an equal right to protection from abuse. We will take every reasonable step to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.