Partnership and Engagement Officer
- Make a significant difference to the community
- Western Sydney &The Blue Mountains
- Full Time, Commencing Early 2021
About CatholicCare Western Sydney & The Blue Mountains
CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains is a not-for-profit that aims to serve the community in the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta by overseeing the provision of high-quality social services operating according to the principles of Catholic Social Teaching. CatholicCare respects the dignity, worth, diversity, cultures and beliefs of all people and is renowned for its hands-on and practical approach to the service and pastoral care of people in this area.
At CatholicCare, what inspires us most is hearing what really matters to our clients so we can support them to live with joy and purpose. We are a unifier, bringing together individuals and families with their community. This is what inspires us every day so all those in our community may live with joy and purpose.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person who can undertake community engagement and marketing initiatives, in line with the CatholicCare Strategic Plan, under the leadership and direction of the Manager, Community Engagement. This role is responsible for promoting, raising the profile, and supporting the growth of CatholicCare’s programs in the local communities and community stakeholders. The position will be responsible for actively acquiring clients for Disability and Community Aged Care services and will help individuals gain access to the NDIS and Community Aged Care as they require. Key to the success of this position is increasing community awareness, establishing and maintaining community and other stakeholder relationships and partnerships to develop and improve on services offered by CatholicCare between Parramatta and the Blue Mountains.
- You are enthusiastic and energetic
- You are passionate and empathetic
- You are a clear and effective communicator
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Effective at building strong working relationships in the community
- You are collaborative with partners in the Community
- You engage with the community to scope the needs in the area
- Canvas the opportunity for a community facility with Council, Business and the Community
- Participate in community events in the region to ensure that all community members are aware of CatholicCare’s presence
- Identify, design and implement a range of initial programs
- Source Grant and fundraising opportunities
- Relevant qualifications are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the National Disability Insurance Scheme is desirable
- A current NSW drivers’ licence
- Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation
- Criminal Record Check required (obtained within the last 6 months)
How to Apply
If you are passionate about working with the community and want to leverage your engagement skills and experience in a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
- Submit your application via email (Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and Resume).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Partnership & Engagement Officer enquiry via CatholicCare Website. The position description can be viewed here.
- If you are shortlisted, you will take part in a 10-15-minute phone screen
- Be invited to come along to an interview where CatholicCare will determine your suitability for the role
- Your reference checks
- A verbal offer followed by necessary safety, employment and compliance screening
- Offer of employment and determine when you can start and join the team!
Want more information?
For more information, please email: email@example.com
CatholicCare is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and vulnerable adults and that all children, young people and vulnerable adults have an equal right to protection from abuse. We will take every reasonable step to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.