Disability Support Worker
- Do you want to support people to live with joy and purpose?
- Reputable community services organisation
- Western Sydney &The Blue Mountains
- Multiple casual positions
About CatholicCare Western Sydney & The Blue Mountains
CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains is a not-for-profit that aims to serve the community in the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta by overseeing the provision of high-quality social services operating according to the principles of Catholic Social Teaching. CatholicCare respects the dignity, worth, diversity, cultures and beliefs of all people and is renowned for its hands-on and practical approach to the service and pastoral care of people in this area.
At CatholicCare, what inspires us most is hearing what really matters to our clients so we can support them to live with joy and purpose. We are a unifier, bringing together individuals and families with their community. This is what inspires us every day so all those in our community may live with joy and purpose.
About the Opportunity
We have multiple opportunities for people to join our team. Our employees support people at all stages of life to manage difficulties and rediscover strengths. The role will see you supporting people with disabilities with their day to day living, ensuring they have opportunities to develop valued lifestyles. This may include support with their personal care, mobility, meal assistance, household tasks and meaningful engagement within their home and community environments. Key to the success of this role is developing a professional and quality relationship, providing support, encouragement and enhancement of life for the people we support.
- You are enthusiastic and supportive of people with disabilities to live great lives
- You are passionate and empathetic
- You are a clear and effective communicator
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and the maturity and ability to deal with unexpected situations
- You show attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Flexibility and availability is essential with the ability to work a variety of shifts
- Previous experience as a Disability Support Worker is desirable
- Relevant qualifications are highly desirable, however, the right attitude and willingness to learn will be considered.
- Familiarity with the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- A current NSW drivers’ licence
- Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation
- Criminal Record Check required (obtained within the last 6 months)
How to Apply
If you are passionate about supporting people with disabilities to be active, inclusive in their communities and would like a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
Submit your application via email (Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and Resume).
Email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Disability Support Worker enquiry via CatholicCare Website. The position description can be viewed here.
- If you are shortlisted, you will take part in a 10-15-minute phone screen
- Be invited to come along to an interview where CatholicCare will determine your suitability for the role
- Your reference checks
- A verbal offer followed by necessary safety, employment and compliance screening
- Offer of employment and determine when you can start and join the team!
Want more information?
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CatholicCare is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and vulnerable adults and that all children, young people and vulnerable adults have an equal right to protection from abuse. We will take every reasonable step to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.