CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains (CatholicCare) aims to serve the community of the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta by overseeing the provision of high-quality social services operating according to the principles of Catholic Social Teaching. CatholicCare respects the dignity, worth, diversity, cultures and beliefs of all people and is renowned for its hands-on and practical approach to the service and pastoral care of people in this area.
CatholicCare is seeking a Chaplain to be based at Nepean Hospital (5 days per fortnight) and Westmead Children’s Hospital (5 days per fortnight). Days will be negotiated with the successful applicant, based on hospital needs.
As a chaplain:
- You will provide high quality transformational pastoral care and spiritual support to patients, their families and carers in line with the CatholicCare Person Centred Approach, Mission, Vision and Values
- You will work inclusively with people of diverse backgrounds, issues and needs, of faith or not, to sustain and empower the individual to enable holistic wellbeing and recovery.
- You will work collaboratively with other members of the Chaplaincy department and volunteers who also provide pastoral care.
- A demonstrated personal commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the structure and operation of the Catholic Church on a local, national and global level.
- Ability to undertake the role in accordance with the CatholicCare Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct together with an understanding of a person-centred approach to service delivery.
Education, Training and Experience
- Demonstrated professional skills and knowledge in pastoral care
- Professional experience in fields such as Spirituality, Pastoral Care, Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or Theology and/or be prepared to complete a unit of CPE within the first year of employment
- Ability and experience in working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work confidentially and productively with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to develop relationships that are healing, sustaining, guiding, reconciling and nurturing.
Please note: Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 25 September, 2020.
For a confidential discussion about this position please contact Anna Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0411 159 345.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.