Disability Service Manager
CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains (CatholicCare) aims to serve the community of the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta by overseeing the provision of high-quality social services. As an organisation, CatholicCare respects the dignity, worth, diversity, cultures and beliefs of all people including the Australian Indigenous Community.
CatholicCare is seeking a Disability Service Manager – full time.
The role will provide management and leadership for the effective and efficient delivery of services in the Disability Program including NDIS support services and NDIS funded Mamre Garden Services and supported employees.
- Manage the Mamre Garden Services Program
- Manage the NDIS Services Program
- Promote and grow the NDIS supports
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and CatholicCare Policies
- Provide leadership and supervision to team members
- Review, develop and implement CatholicCare policies and procedures which incorporate the Disability Service
- Standards and NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Standards requirements
- Ensure feedback and complaints are responded to in line with CatholicCare’s policies and relevant standards
- Undertake regular training on utilisation and implementation of an appropriate Wage Assessment Tool for supported employees
- Provide support and commitment to the CatholicCare’s Leadership Team
- Deliver the Mamre Garden Services Program and the NDIS Service Program in accordance with the values of CatholicCare Social Services Western Sydney & Blue Mountains
- Ensure supported employees are fully trained and competent to use any necessary machinery or equipment for the position
- Manage regular reviews of Garden Services employees to ensure individualised plans and service agreements are current and work toward achieving their assessed potential, justifying professionally
- Manage feedback and complaints in line with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Standards in set time frames
- Supervise and support employees with the competencies required to deliver the defined services and products including regular reviews and supervision of NDIS services employees.
- Ensure there is a suitable casual workers pool available
Mamre Garden Services Management
- Assist in the development, growth and efficiency improvement of the Mamre Garden Services to meet short, medium and long-term goals of the program.
- Develop options to diversify the offerings of the Mamre Garden Services
- Offer tailored support services and products to people with disability and their families:
- Build their capacity to exercise choice and control
- Support them to achieve their goals by building new community networks and accessing support services they require
- Manage regular reviews of each NDIS participant:
- Ensure individualised plans and service agreements are current
- Work toward achieving participants assessed potential goals and capabilities.
- Update individuals assessment plans and service agreements
- Deliver services and products tailored to the needs of people with disability and their families.
- Explore and develop innovative services and products to meet identified needs for people with disability and their families.
- Ensure all client data is recorded and up to date
- Liaise with the finance team for NDIS claims
- Define and price service types and products:
- Develop, track and evaluate financial outcomes.
- Assist in the development, growth and efficiency improvement of the NDIS Program to meet short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Manage the re-registration process for the NDIS
Program Management General
- Manage the administration and reporting on Budgets and Quality and Safeguarding Standards.
- Contribute effectively to the growth of NDIS supports and participant numbers.
- Review policies, procedures and guidelines in set time frames pertaining to:
- Mamre Garden Services
- Disability Service Standards and NDIS Safeguarding Standards requirements
- Ensure the WHS & Quality policy and reporting procedures are promoted and adhered to
- Ensure compliance to Industry Standards and Guidelines
- Ensure any disability policies are aligned with CatholicCare Quality Management System
- Other reasonable ad-hoc duties as requested by management from time to time related to the position
- Sound knowledge of WHS standards in relation to managing people with a disability in the garden sector
- Ability to manage:
- the operation of services, lead teams, and provide effective supervision
- budgetary processes and financial management
- statistical records, report writing, file management, and data management
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to communicate and maintain a positive relationship with funding bodies
- Initiative to create opportunities in the development and implementation of programmes to meet community needs, funding body and CatholicCare requirements
- Ability to work flexibly and across any CatholicCare Western Sydney & Blue Mountains locations as needed
- Leadership experience 5+ years
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Comprehensive understanding and demonstrated experience of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the disability sector
- Experience in delivering services and products for the NDIS
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development, budget preparation and reporting
- Understanding of revenue and expenditure management
- Management training and experience
- A valid Apply First Aid certificate
- A Police Check will be conducted by CatholicCare for the successful candidate
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level computer, client file and data management skills
- This position requires work outside the office environment
- Ability to work within CatholicCare’s Ethos and Values
Related qualifications in Disability Services
Experienced in facilitation and presentation in group settings
Please send your application and resume to: email@example.com.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Closing date for applications is COB Thursday 30 January 2020.