Casework & Support Worker – Specialist Homelessness Service
Houses to Homes – a Specialist Homelessness Service within CatholicCare Western Sydney & The Blue Mountains – is seeking a full-time Transition Casework and Support Worker.
The Houses to Homes team is responsible for the provision of services to empower pregnant and parenting young women aged 16 – 25 years, and their babies/children who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. These services include transitional housing and support to access longer term housing options, case management and support, home visits, parenting/living skills/tenancy support in the Blacktown/Hills and adjoining LGAs.
- Tertiary qualifications or commensurate experience in Social Work, Social Welfare, Community Services, Youth Work, Case Management, Health or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of strength based casework principles, trauma informed case management experience and commitment to SHS best practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of the differing levels of support needs for pregnant and parenting young women with babies/children to achieve positive sustainable housing outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in accessing affordable housing options for clients
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues
- Competent computer skills and ability to effectively use a computer-based case management database system
- Willingness to work within the ethos of CatholicCare and act at all times in accordance with the CatholicCare Code of Conduct
- Documented current NSW Working With Children Check clearance
- Own motor vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Current full driver’s license
- Current First Aid Qualifications (desirable)
If this sounds like you then join our friendly team in this rewarding role!
For specific enquiries please contact Houses to Homes on 9837 2095.
To apply for this position, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org your:
- cover letter and
- a document clearly addressing how you meet each of the Selection Criteria.
(applicants who do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered)
CatholicCare is a smoke free environment
Successful applicants are subject to a National Criminal Record Check.
Remuneration. SCHADS Award Level 4. Salary packaging is available
Applications close. Friday 28 June 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted.