Bringing Up Great Kids
Family Relationship Services were invited to run the Bringing Up Great Kids parenting course at Hilltop Public School in Merrylands this year. Ruby Chan and Nassi Tofigh are shown here with second parenting group run at Hilltop in August 2018. One of the volunteers brought the sun hats for everyone to wear.
The following feedback received from the group was very encouraging to the facilitators as it highlighted the participants’ abilities to reflect on their own parenting practice.
- “I turned the mirror to myself and I can self-regulate”
- “I do not have enough words to explain how much I learned”
- “I understand my children’s behaviours now”
- “I learned how to control my anger”
- “I learned how to regulate my own emotions first”
- “I learned active listening, mindfulness and emotion coaching”
- “I do not feel alone anymore as many families have same experiences” – Nassi Tofigh
If you would like a Bringing Up Great Kids group run in your school setting by our facilitators please contact Karolyn Ellis 8843 2575.